Welcome to my daydream!

February 5, 2008

My First Creation with Studio Clay

Woo hoo!!!  Okay, I confess, it doesn't take much to get me excited :D  After impatiently waiting for months, I finally got my hands on some Studio by Sculpey clay and a couple of their new tools. I tried it out by adding some decorative elements to my hubby's wine journal.  I LOVE the 5-in-1 tool! The interchangeable tool heads that fit into the handle are magnetic, and they replace some of the make-shift tools I've BEEN using.  I can see this inspiring a wider selection of tools in the clay world (it's about time).  The clay is perforated into cubes about the size of bubble gum pieces, so it's easy to tear a small amount from the block.  It's soft, comes in some nice colors, bakes at 275 degrees (F) for 30 minutes, and it takes paint nicely.  I don't like the fact that it retains fingerprint impressions so easily, but you CAN smooth them away when you are finished working on the piece.  The final test will be to see how durable it actually is over time - more waiting - GEEZ!

Daydreamer :)

No comments: